< Prev ... Easy Peasy Noodles ... Next >
Easy Peasy Noodles
Serves 4 | 20 minutes
- 300g/10oz wholemeal noodles or spaghetti
- 1 pack of bean sprouts
- 225g/8oz fresh soya beans (sold in the
freezer in large supermarkets or health
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small head pak choi
- 1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Hoisin sauce, ready-made*
- 8 spring onions
- Soya sauce and black pepper for seasoning
*The following are animal-free and reduced fat
- Tesco Stir Fry Hoisin Sauce Pouch or Hoisin
& Spring Onion
- Asda Extra Special Hoisin Cooking Sauce
- Sharwood's Hoisin and Garlic Stir
1 Boil a kettle and pour it into a medium-sized
saucepan. Cook the noodles or spaghetti in it,
according to packet instructions.
2 Wash and prepare the vegetables: Chop the
pepper into thin slices, grate the carrot and
finely shred the pak choi. Chop the spring
onions in 4 then slice lengthways.
3 Steam or microwave the soya beans for
about 4 minutes - add the pepper strips about
a minute from the end.
4 Place the Hoisin sauce and grated ginger in
a bowl or small saucepan and heat or
5 Drain the noodles/spaghetti and mix
everything together in a large serving bowl.
6 Serve immediately.